Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Life and Times of Three Young Professionals, Part 2

From: Emily Gibbons
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:09 PM
To: 'Tara.Garrett'
Subject: Question about excel


Hi TG,

Will you help me with something.

I want to repeat the same formula in different lines of an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to copy and paste the formula even though the cell blocks are changing?

For example – one formula is (I26+I27)*(I28+I29)

So I want to transfer that same formula to rows A – H….make sense?

Can you help? Do you have any idea what I’m talking about :)

Xoxoxo Em


From: Emily Gibbons
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 12:11 PM
To: Tara.Garrett
Subject: FW: Question about excel


This is the actual formula… =SUM(H14+I14)*(J14+K14)

So what I actually want to do is just change the 14 so it works for rows 1 – 13…

From: Tara.Garrett
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:50 PM
To: Emily Gibbons
Subject: RE: Question about excel


Yea all you have to do is drag the bottom right box across the cells you want the formula copied to

Tara Garrett | Business Analyst | Seasonal and Stationery | Target.com | 612.304.5571

From: Emily Gibbons
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:48 PM
To: Tara.Garrett
Subject: RE: Question about excel


I don’t get it…

From: Tara.Garrett
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 2:53 PM
To: Emily Gibbons
Subject: RE: Question about excel


Click on the cell with the formula you want copied. On the bottom right of the box there is a black box that you can click on and drag across other cells…




From: Emily Gibbons
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:48 PM
To: Tara.Garrett
Subject: RE: Question about excel


Omg you are a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment